Skill Level: Beginner / Intermediate
Time / Distance: 4hr / 7m round trip boat ride
Kayaks: Tandem and Triple
Actual departure times may vary; multiple launches within the hour are possible.
- Romans point is a hidden gem located in Herbster, Wi. You won’t hear about this location from the NPS as it is just outside the park boundary. However, touring Roman’s point won as our top pick for 2018 over our past years’ top picks for touring the Meyers Beach Caves in part due to overcrowding and congestion in the Meyers Beach Cave areas where wait times in lines up to 30 minutes to get into the caves is common along with boats from other touring companies. For an intimate experience with the sumptuous sandstone of the Apostle Islands we suggest signing up for Romans Point.
- You can’t see all the caves on a 2 hour paddle at Roman’s, so we travel the full length of Romans Point because the two best caves are on opposite sides of the peninsula
- This tour takes place on a motoro boat that carries no more than 6 guests.
- Even though it’s outside of the NPS boundary, you can feel safe here. It’s actually one of the safer
places to paddle because private property owners have ladders leading down to the water to allow for safe extraction if necessary.
- Trust us, you want to go to Romans. On this tour we allow you to enjoy yourself inside each cave for as long as you like and give you every opportunity to stop for photos that you will remember for a lifetime.
**Dog ride along fee is priced as a child’s ticket. To add your dog to your tour, please select the cost of a child ticket and note that during checkout. Dogs must be comfortable in this kind of environment and have been on a kayak or canoe before.
**Children of all ages welcome**
**Must be less than 300 lbs and less than 6’6 with hip width less than 20″ to properly fit in the gear for this tour.**