Skill Level: Intermediate
Time / Distance: 4hr / 8m round trip paddle
Kayaks: Tandem and Triples
Available: May 1st to October 15th
Launch Location: https://goo.gl/maps/6YAkmffHfs12
- Romans point sea caves are a hidden gem located in Herbster, Wi. These caves You won’t hear about this location from the NPS as it is just outside the park boundary. However, touring Roman’s point won as our top pick for 2018 over our past years’ top picks for touring the Meyers Beach Caves in part due to overcrowding and congestion in the Meyers Beach Caves. For an intimate experience with the sumptuous sandstone of the Apostle Islands we suggest signing up for Romans Point.s.
- You can’t see all the caves on a 2 hour paddle at Roman’s, so we paddle the full length of Romans Point because the two best caves are at the beginning and the end of the peninsula.
- Roman’s point also boasts free parking, is night-paddle and paddleboard friendly, and if your with your with your dog, as long as they’re comfortable on a kayak (has been on one before) they can have their own seat and come along*!
- Even though it’s outside of the NPS boundary, you can feel safe here. It’s actually one of the safer
places to paddle because private property owners have ladders leading down to the water to allow for safe extraction if necessary.
- On this tour we allow you to enjoy yourself inside each cave for as long as you like and give you every opportunity to stop for photos that you will remember for a lifetime.
**Dog ride along fee is priced as a child’s ticket. To add your dog to your tour, please select the cost of a child ticket and note that during checkout. Dogs must be comfortable in this kind of environment and have been on a kayak or canoe before.
**Children Must be at least 90 Lbs to paddle in a tandem kayak. 30-90 Lbs can paddle in the middle of a triple kayak.**
**Must be less than 285 lbs and less than 6’8 with hip width less than 20″ to properly fit in the gear for this tour.**